All previous versions:
PECD is a living program which is continually updated.
We are in constant contact with our users and take the term support seriously.
Many of the updates were inspired by customer suggestions.
Below is a list of all previous versions.
126.96.36.199 - Released 27.02.2017
- New 3D Engine.
- Loading time of Cases reduced to 1/4.
- Loading time after interiour design reduced to 1/10.
- Reduced memory consumption.
- Complete 3D-Presentation of all items.
- Added all base/lidmaker extrusions as 3D-models.
- Added all angled and casemaker extrusions as 3D-models.
- Visual output of all dimensions of angled/casemaker extrusions.
- Visual presentation of panel surfaces(Wood, PVC, Resopal, Hexagrip und Diamondboard)
- Transparency of structures ca be set to 3 values (New meu item). Value is saved by clickig the green button in the dialogue.
- Size of surface structure adjustable in 2 values (fine/wide). Value is saved by clickig the green button in the dialogue.
- User can disable Master Snapline now. Clicking the checkbox saves the value.
- Values for Transparency, Size and Master Snapline are stored for the local user.
- Added transparent 3D model for user parts.
- Changed Foam window to modal window. This avoids from being loaded twice.
- Camera angle resets after returing from Foam window.
- dxf-module: New Output for all cases with lid/basemaker extrusions.
- dxf-module: Set possible chages to 15mm (cutout/points).
- dxf-module: Corrected driling points of all MOL3 latches.
- Bugfix: Corrected foam output in lists when using inches.
- Bugfix: Error message 2500 will not be thrown.
- Bugfix: Corrected writig routine for ordering database.
188.8.131.52 - Released 24.01.2017
- Maintainance update.
- Serveradressen with pricefiles can be used again.
184.108.40.206 - Released 16.01.2017
- Rendering-Quality can now be selected. (Menu Construction).
- Setting this to a lower lever can increase performance of old computers
- Item Door was not added to the database. This issue has been resolved now.
- 7pic-printout can now also print texts with each drawing.
- Bugfix: In network situations the pricefile date will be checked against the local users file.
- Bugfix: Point database will not be overwritten with update.
220.127.116.11 - Released 09.01.2017
- Complete new graphics engine with hardware support for new generation graphics cards
- This allows usage od 3D glasses, Ocolus Rift and HTC Vive
- Automatic selection of the rendering quality depending on users hardware
- Added 3D cube for better orientaion
- Click on a side of the cube moses the model in the right position
- Added mirror reflection to items
- Complete calculation of lid extrusions
- Extrusions can be shown in a seperate list or live on the case
- Added icon in bottom menu for extrusion calculation
- Added icon for panelview
- User can switch inbetween panel and caseview
- Mouseover shows all panel dimensions in panelview
- Mouseover also shown all extrusions and their dimensions in panelview
- Added access doors (find this item in Dishes)
- Access doors can be conigurated for each case and stored with it.
- Access doors are treated like cutouts in the dxf module.
- Added air dampened Pallet Cushions.
- Added L-Joiners such as B1141 and B1142 (find these items in Dishes)
- Added Lift off case with Basemaker to dxf-module
- Bugfix: Value for the height of item block was not saved correctly in 18.104.22.168 . This issue has been resolved.
- Bugfix: Long item numbers were shown as substrings in 22.214.171.124 . This issue has been resolved.
- Bugfix: when updating from a version lower then 126.96.36.199 one dll library was not installed. This issue has been resolved.
- Automatic pricelist update:
- User gets a message when he starts the program, when a new pricefile is available.
- A routine checks the availibility of new products, adds them to the database and overwrites the old prices n one step.
- A Peronal pricelist can be changed and activated anytime.
- .net-Framework has been upgraded to 4.5 . CaseDesigner will not work correct with frameworks lower then 4.5
188.8.131.52 - Released 17.09.2016
- Maintainance Update with new items
- Bugfixes dxf module
184.108.40.206 - Released 04.11.2016
- New selection scheme for basic material
- Datatables are now dependend on selected items
- Only possible items are displayed
- User can now store basic material setups in database
- Setups can be edited, renamed or deleted
- Database will be created automatically
- New snapline-functionality (activated by default)
- By setting the snapline, all items close tot he snapline will be moved according to it, when the size of a case is changed.
- Even if the complete material is changed, items will be placed correctly.
- Added snap button to 2D screen. Pressing it dockst he selected item tot he edge extrusion. This is very helpful when designing big flightcases.
- Added complete touch support. Along with mouseevents all design elements now react to touch gestures. CaseDesigner can be run in tablet mode.
- When editing textboxes, the virtual keyboard pops up and after pressing enter or return hides again.
- Improved memory consumption. CaseDesigner needs less resources and so also performance is improved.
- New design of printing routine of cutout window.
- L-Brackets can be switched on and off
- Changed .Net framework from 4.0 to 4.5. Framework 4.5 has a brighter display and also allows to run two monitors with different resolutions. This framework is already installed on computers wirh Windows 7 or higher.
- Complete dxf compatibility with Autocad 2016
220.127.116.11 - Released 01.22.2016
- Corrected display of braces on lift off cases
- Plain extrusions are shown without lines now.
- Rivets can be switched off
- Corrected loading routine of customer database.
- Deleted "Delete Messagebox". The user enters the main deleting routine without being asked now.
- Fixed item import routine for network users
- Added new animation icon.
- Added new items (e.g. MOL3-latches).
- Reduced memory consumtion when starting PECD
18.104.22.168 - Released 01.10.2016
- Added 3d models of all items
- Feet are displayed detailed instead of schematic now.
- Added stacking feet to item group "Feet"
- Added many new items
- All items with the suffix K will be displayed black
- Added variable item "Block" to group "Feet"
- Block can be used individually for every case, is editable and will be saved as item with the case.
- User can define unlimited blocks in different dimensions.
- Note: Block is only available after the "New Products" routine.
- Piano hinges are editable now
- Added edit buttons for blocks and piano hinges to the flyout menu on 2d window
- Improved deleting function. User can now delete the selected item, all items on the viewd side or all items on the case.
- Improved duplication function. Items can be duplicated or mirrored along x and y axis
- Wheeboard editor: User can now edit every wheelboard. Left click on the castor changes the castor model.
- Added 3d preview viewbow to the items database. ll objects can be zoomed, moved or turned.
- The items database window shows both listview and detailsview side by side now.
- All checkmarks in items database are displayed correctly now.
- Corrected bug with document date, when saving a new doc. When no date is selected, PECD takes the actual date now.
- Added new window, which shows the routing dimensions (Menu "Cutouts").
- Cutout dimensions can be viewed, printed or exported.
- Access to new picture database in order module
- Changed 2d pics for dishes D2115, D2116 und D2117 (also K-Version)
- Added several 2d pic of braces
- Corrected translations.
- Added a new lightpanel, which allows to adjust the lighting situation. User can select 6 different values.
- Added 12 new spotlights
- Lighting setup can be saved with click on the lamp icon (or menu). The programme stores this value and uses it when restarted.
- Added rotation function. User can strat the animation with a click on the new icon beside the cameraicon. While rotating, the case can be additionally moved, zoomed, rotated or reset with the known mouse gestures.
- Added new splashwindow with 3d animation
- Increased scroll speed of the basic items listbox
- Added rivets based on user settings (rivet/meter). Value can be canged for every extrusion individually.
- Values are taken from the angle extrusion or if selected from lid/basemaker extrusions
- Increased tolerance for drilling holes and cutouts in the dxf module.
- Approved mouse function.
- New dialogue box, if different radii of items (extrusions, braces) are selected.
22.214.171.124 - Release 17.06.2015
- Created new 3d objects for casters
- Added A5250, A5251, W8375, W8375HD, W8675, W8675HD, W8675PJPBK, W8675KPJPBK, 5255 as 3D-objects.
- Casters and wheels can be placed on every side of the case now
- Added buttons with images to select the positining of the casterboard
- Added preview image for displaying the casterboards pisition
- Added new column "Created" in case and preset datatable
- When saving a new case/preset an updated + crated value will be written into the table
- When saving a previously designed case, only the updated value will be overwritten
- Date information as Datetime now
- Added Postcode selector. Postcode can de placed before or after city. Affects all documents.
- CaseDesigner creates a thumbnail when saving a case.
- Thumbnails are displayed in case and preset list
- Thumbnail displaying can be selected or deselected by user permanently (menu options)
- Thunbnails can be displayed or hidden per session by clicking on the new created pic icon top right of the lists.
- Created new 3d camera panel
- Objects turn- and zoomable
- Objects movable by mousedown on mousewheel
- Objects can be rotated -90 to + 90 degrees via slider
- Added new 3d arrows for better orientation
- Added camera model to visualize viewdirection
- User can save actual camera position and angle (menu options)
- camera position values affect just the users computer and can be set different on every computer in the network.
- Changed minimal width and height from 300 to 150mm (6 inches) for cases wih casterboards.
- Serialnumber can be displayed in menu Info now
- Added and corrected translations
- zoomfactor is calculated for every single case
- zoom limitations are also set according to the case dimensions
- "Show in lists" value can now also be set in the listviev
- Zoom of 2d screen can be denined with the mousewheel similiar to the 3d view
- Model zooms to mouseposition
- When attaching an item to the snapline in can be moved along it
- Added new buttons to rightclick menu (180 degrees + Nosnap)
- Helplines and dimension labels activated for all sides of the case.
- zoomfactor is calculated for every single case
- zoom limitations are also set according to the case dimensions
Calculations and bugfixes:
- Fixed L-shaped case type 2 calculations as well as drawings
- Corrected bug when using dividers
- 50mm Polybloc will be added to the database after pricelist update
- Selectable radius (can be set on or off by user)
- Fixed L-shaped case type 2 dxf output
- Added split lid case to dxf module
- Uncontinued items can no loger be ordered
126.96.36.199 - Release 11.12.2014
- Functionality: Added copy button for brackets
- Functionality: Added Equal-split button for Split Lid Cases
- Partslist: Lid exstrusions have been added to partslist.
- 2D Screen: Added new functionalities to rightclick in 2D screen: Rotate right, rotate left
- 2D Screen: Duplicated item appears in same angle then parent item
- Order Module: New order module for better overview and easier handling
- Order Module: Order module shows warning when user truies to order uncontinued item
- Order Module: Doubleclick on listbox row of fittings database activates details view
- Bugfix: Resolved Messagebox error with Lidmaker profiles
- Bugfix: Selecting 2 different corners with lid/basemaker case is possible now
- Issue: Selecting lower brace on model now with lid/basemaker cases
- dxf module: Added new layer for cutouts to dxf module
- dxf module: Added definable roundings to all butterflies, cutouts and catches
- dxf module: Added Lidmaker Trunk to dxf module
- dxf module: Complete recalculation of all points and cutouts in dxf module
- dxf module: After changing and saving settings they are reloaded and displayed in all dropdown boxes.
188.8.131.52 - 13.10.2014
- New flyout menu (right click) in 2d screen for duplicating or deleting components.
- User can add more then one component in one go.
- PECD can load cases with missing components.
- Missing components can be replaced with default values.
- Calculation correction of angled extrusions with single door racks.
- US-Testversion contains all available items now.
- Bugfix: Input of VAT - value can be 0 now.
- Cutout dimensions of the dxf module can be stored over the network now..
- Copying of components for splitlid cases added.
- Bugfix: VAT textbox accepts only numerical values.
- Iconbar on bottom can be hidden (Menue "Views").
- Improved calculation speed for cases >1m³.
- Improved rendering speed for cases >1m³.
- Cases zoom to correct size on loading.
184.108.40.206 - 30.07.2014
- This small update contains some bug fixes in DXF- an program functions
220.127.116.11 - 18.07.2014
- Dxf-Module can be activated now as Trial- und Full Version.
- Subscriptions can be activated from PECD.
- Changes Point Editor cutouts.
- Bugfix Alveobloc foam calculation.
- Bugfix greek version pdf creation.
- Bugfix russian version document output.
- Bugfix turkish version displays cases correct now.
- Language versions Latvia, Lithuania, Panama.
- Some minor bugfixes.
18.104.22.168 - 13.05.2014
- Version New Zeeland.
- Order module for program extensions.
- Minor bugfixes.
22.214.171.124 - 04.03.2014
- Australian version including many new parts.
- dxf Module now in beta stage.
- Point Editor to define drilling points and cutouts.
- Handle issue on splitlid solved.
- Order Module issue resolved.
- Wheelboard/Panel descriptions in English.
- Some smaller issues resolved.
126.96.36.199 - 04.02.2014
- Editing of all sides in 2D screen without leaving it.
- dxf-Trial hinge-lid, lift off, double- and single door rack.
- Added cancel button to closing routine
- New language versions for Romania, Colombia, Bolivia, Venezuela, Argentinia, Chile and Ecuador
- Second mirror download server for overseas.
188.8.131.52 - 20.01.2014
- Changed pdf assembly.
184.108.40.206 - 15.01.2014
- Refreshed Design Win8 style.
- New datagrids with many search and filtering functions.
- Export of grids to many formats (pdf, xls, html u.v.m).
- PECD runs completly in the Imperial System.
- Files can be shared between Metric and Imperial System.
- Built in pdf-viewer.
- Text- and numeric input boxes with new Function. 1x click= select all, 2x click= Cursor.
- Preview for pdfs (70 formats such as A4, US letter, Japanese letter included).
- New menu for document window.
- Trolleygriffe placed automatically.
- Document-Preview now shows all details in a second list.
220.127.116.11 - 23.10.2013
- New ordering system with amazing sorting functions
- Added Listview to parts database (sort- and filterable)
- increased dxf trial
- added double door and single door dxf output
- changed initial sorting of lists (newest item will be listed on top)
- new items added for USA, Australia and UK
- improved update functionality
- onboard calculator
- few minor issues
18.104.22.168 - 13.08.2013
- One click backup function saves all databases and settings in new folder.
- Many new items.
- Translations French and Spanish implemented.
- Mexican version.
- 50 User parts possible.
- All parameters editable in caster, divider and userparts datatable.
22.214.171.124 - 15.07.2013
- New Update wizard.
- Auto detection of available update.
- Auto download of new items.
- Auto download of peronalized pricefile.
- List of document items displayed in separate box.
- New wheelboards with 6 casters.
126.96.36.199 - 18.04.2013
- New casemodel with lid-/basemaker
- Lining - Stick base/top first.
- New error queries Foam
- Longer Texts in emails.
- Longer Texts in dokuments.
- Save new case again after editing.
- New items.
- New function 7pic creates pdf-document with six 2d and one 3d-view on one page.
188.8.131.52 - 08.01.2013
- Ordering module issues resolved.
- Database issues resolved.
184.108.40.206 - 18.12.2012
- New faster render engine.
- Better drawing quality.
- Longer dxf trial.
- New customers can be created in the document window.
220.127.116.11 - 04.12.2012
- Many new extrusions for UK
- Reload function implemented. After editing the database or importing new components:
- the database will be reloaded.
- Components are available directly without restart.
- Prices are updated for new components.
18.104.22.168 - 27.11.2012
- New rack model: 3-Lid L-shape case with complete lid on top.
- Width of all L-shape racks can be edited.
- Workunits can be below one minute.
- Trial of dxf editor and viewer for hood cases and trunks.
- Draws and generates a dxf file from:
- All panels including catch cutouts
- Cutouts and drilling holes of handles
- User can specify the panel distance and the drilling diameter
- Danish translation
- New components for UK in database (Users can import these with one click)
22.214.171.124 - 17.10.2012
- Many new items
- Minor update approval of drawings and calculation.
126.96.36.199 - 03.10.2012
- More than 700 new items
- Russian translation.
- Update process simplified.
188.8.131.52 - 13.09.2012
- CaseDesigner data access in the Cloud
- Foam calculations approved.
184.108.40.206 - 03.09.2012
- Cutouts now shown in table.
- Printable list.
- New languagemodule (Swedish)
220.127.116.11 - 14.07.2012
- New menusystem.
- Programm runs now in scaleable window.
- Automatic numbers for cases.
- New languagemodule (including chinese)
- Improved order module
18.104.22.168 - 04.06.2012
- CNC-Screen with all cutouts.
- Zoom-Screen for panels.
- Editor for standarddocuments
- Positions-Buttons accept decimal numbers
- Specific pricelists and components for each sales region
22.214.171.124 - 29.04.2012
- Improved graphics
- All extrusions have lines now
126.96.36.199 - 27.03.2012
- New Database for extracomponents. The user can edit his own comopnents in the extras region
188.8.131.52 - 26.03.2012
- Snapline for easier Positioning of Fittings
- Favoriteselection of components. The user can preselect his own list of fittings
- 3D graphics are cropped. All empty parts are deleted.
184.108.40.206 - 24.02.2012
- More language versions. Pictures are cropped on transparent backgrounds.
220.127.116.11 - 26.01.2012
- Network version: PECD now runs on dedicated, domain or terminal servers and Windows networks.
- PECD can now choose to link up to various databases.
- Data synchronisation in the event of changing the network connection.
- Password administration on varying levels.
- New correspondence module with its own database.
- Correspondence administration with extensive printout and export options.
- Calculation speed increased by 100% during rendering.
18.104.22.168 - 04.01.2012
- Country-specific currency and calculation adjustment.
- Exclusive Swiss version, currency display using decimal point (automatically selected in the Swiss-speaking world).
- Purchases can now be made in any currency.
- By entering exchange rates, complete price lists can be converted.
- Text wrapping with longer single items is now automatic.
22.214.171.124 - 14.12.2011
- Multilingual version with language modules English, Polish and Dutch.
126.96.36.199 - 03.12.2011
- Worldwide data exchange possible; files with imperial and metric measurements can now be exchanged and read.
- PECD starts automatically worldwide in the appropriate language and system of numbers/measurements.
188.8.131.52 - 30.11.2011
- Minor update, i.e. data fields enlarged in order to allow longer e-mail addresses for example.
184.108.40.206 - 27.11.2011
- Graphics can be added as a background picture for all printouts.
220.127.116.11 - 22.11.2011
- First release